Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!
Today I’m sharing my favorite GREEN Smoothie Recipe for St. Patties Day!
This little Green Shamrock Smoothie is full of iron, potassium, vitamins, nutrients and tastes like a tropical treat from the fresh island fruit.
But first – a few tips when making your smoothies, courtesy of Simple Green Smoothies:
5 Smoothie Tips to Live By:
- Follow the formula. Aim to use least 60% leafy greens to 40% fruits. Reduce fruit if weight loss is your goal.
- Blend in stages. Add leafy greens to your liquid base first, then add your frozen fruit and blend again to avoid leafy chunks.
- Use frozen produce. Freeze unpeeled ripe bananas, pineapple, berries and your leafy greens in freezer-safe bags. This is a great way to not waste ripe produce and your won’t need to add ice!
- Use natural sweeteners. Add naturally sweet fruits like bananas, mango, apples, or pears to your green smoothie to kick the flavor up a bit. Avoid artificial sweeteners by all means.
- Make them ahead. Green smoothies are the one of the best breakfast options, especially when you’re on the go. Did you know you can blend your smoothie the night before and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days? Just use an airtight container to keep it as fresh as possible. And shake it up when you’re ready to drink it.
Green Shamrock Smoothie:
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cups water
- ½ cup pineapple
- ½ cup mango
- ½ banana
- 1 T chia seeds
What you’ll do:
Blend spinach and water until smooth. Add the remaining fruits and blend again. Serve immediately or refrigerate in an air tight container until ready to drink.